Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Silly Washer

My washer is temperamental.

It doesn't really care to spin on the spin cycles. I have to raise the lid so it "catches" and then it will spin. Fortunately it changes direction mid cycle, and it always "catches" the second direction, even if I missed it.

Recently something broke or got lost on the agitator. It is no longer attached to the washer. So it floats up instead of agitating, or bangs against the lid during the second half of the spin cycle.

I have done loads where I just held the agitator down, and then removed it for the spin cycle.

I did discover that if I do the very smallest load possible, then everything stays in place and works the way it should, except for the spin part.

So I have been doing little loads of laundry. They actually dry in one dryer setting too, as my dryer seems to be smaller capacity than the washer.

Do I know how easy it is to find another washer, and how cheap I could find one?

Oh yes, I know where they are, and how to get a free one, with a little effort, or a cheap one with a little less. But I haven't even gone looking.

Washers are heavy, and I don't like moving them.

So I just keep babysitting this one.

No comments: