Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

I wondered if the "Random 25" tag would reach me. It finally did:

1. The likelihood of my coming up with 25 things I'm willing to share on facebook is very slim.
2. I am phone phobic. I would much rather show up at your door than call you on the phone.
3. My current calling requires me to call most of my ward monthly. It hasn't killed me yet, though I keep thinking it might.
4. Notwithstanding numbers 2,3 I have worked as a telemarketer and not completely hated it.
5. I own 8 winter coats, and keep shopping for more, that elusive "perfect" coat.
6. I only own 1 pair of jeans, which I almost never wear. I never shop for jeans.
7. My left eye doesn't like light first thing in the morning, so it refuses to open.
8. I believe in the morning most lights should be left off and there should be NO talking.
9. Quirky partly broken things don't really bother me much.
10. I am very good at being late to things.
11. Sometimes I wish I was very outgoing and open, but not always.
12. Mostly I'm introverted and private, I share little and only with a few.
13. In reading some of my friend's "25 Things" I've learned things I'd just as soon not know.
14. In view of 12 and 13 I decided to put the rest of this on my blog instead.
15. I have autoimmune thyroidosis, usually called Graves disease.
16. I'm a sucker for a great sales pitch.
17. So I try to avoid ads, using ad blockers and reducing the size of my browser screen to keep from seeing them.
18. I rarely watch commercial TV for this reason.
19. Or mostly because I have only rabbit ears.
20. I will go weeks without watching any TV at all, and then watch an entire season of something all in single week.
21. I think that Facebook takes up too much of my time, yet I still visit at least once a day.
22. I set up my own network all by myself, but a power storm knocked it out. Now I can't figure out how to set it up again.
23. Music is very important to me spiritually
24. I instant message my visiting teacher daily, and my bishop often.
25. To my surprise. I enjoyed going door to door with the census last time.

Whew, I survived.
Kinda wish I hadn't posted any to facebook though.

3 comments:

elesa said...

What kind of things did you find out about your friends that you wished you didn't know?

ae said...

Oh, just some things that I love and care about, are things that they hate or think are lame.
Without facebook I'd never have known that we had opposing opinions, and I would have been fine with that.
Kind of a "you lost me at broccoli" sort of thing.

leBolide said...

Oh boy, #8. is it!