Monday, March 15, 2010

More CJD

Curiously since the Republic of Ireland isn't part of Great Britain, it isn't technically on the deferred list.

This seems silly to me, since I guarantee that Irish folks are eating British beef.

I did spend the last months of my mission in Northern Ireland, so that still lets me off the hook

But they aren't sure if eating contaminated beef causes CJD or not. And I didn't eat any beef (or any meat for that matter) while I was there.

So I'm not personally worried that I might remotely carry this disease, though I doubt my assurances on this point will mean that they be willing to let me donate.

It is just unfortunate that I am the only one in my immediate family that was willing to donate blood, and I'm not eligible.

Not that I'm going to be crying about it or anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you know that your blood is safe for them, then you can be more selective about what you admit when you go in to donate. sometimes you have to help people not get in their own way.