Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thoughts for today.

Sometimes I get lost, or rather I can't find the place I am going to, though I know where I am. That was today, then I couldn't find the thing, even after I found the place. Too much more of that and I will give up on shopping.

There can be so much to do at Christmas, plus the end of the year, I struggle to know how to fit it all in. I probably need to decide what I am NOT going to do, because there are a lot of things outside of Christmas that want my attention.

I found name extraction very difficult. Maybe one gets better with time, but I sure am slow. Maybe right in the middle of Christmas isn't the best time to start, or maybe it *is* the best.

Speaking on genealogy, it's hard to know whether to go deep or broad. I tend to work deep, follow the line to the end of the data, but then you have to figure out where you were, not always easy. I try to work across the generations, but then end up going deep again. And how do I verify all this information? I'm just downloading from ancestral file, which says nothing has been confirmed. Whew!

2 comments:

leBolide said...

You know what they say -- the best time to plant a tree is when you have a bunch of tree seeds and a hole in the ground.

Mahubble said...

The extraction gets easier over time. Some files are just harder than others. But the new revised version of the program looks better and easier.