So, I was "shopping" yesterday, if you can call the "going to the store with a 3 year old adventure" shopping. As I am surrounded by all the Christmas merchandise, and I hear the Christmas music now playing on *three* different stations, I realized that the stations don't care about me, lower peon listener. They are playing it for all the stores so they have music to match their crazy early marketing.
Now I just have to figure how to avoid not only the stations, but the stores that play them...
1 comment:
I'm sorry to use "one-upsmanship", but you really can't complain until you've experienced the Sri Lankan version of Christmas store music. Maybe it was just that year or something, but Christmas of '03, EVERY store we went into was playing some Christmas disco music. "Deck the Halls" is OK in disco, but "O Little Town of Bethlehem"? Or "Silent Night"? Even as we were riding through Colombo in a tri-shaw, we heard piped music of the same disco Christmas music. It made shopping go faster, because we could hardly wait to get out of the store and away from that awful music.
Post a Comment