Thursday, June 19, 2008

Early attempts to find new software

So I have been wandering around looking at various products here and there, and here are the results of my testing so far.

I've tried a couple quicken-like products, but none of them imported or auto connected well, and were not memorable enough for me to remember their names. Moneydance maybe, or Ace money something??

PearBudget $3/month online online or free spreadsheet download. I both tried a while ago. The online version is cooler looking, but the spreadsheet is free. Both were pretty quick to set up, but require you to enter EVERYthing manually, no downloads or imports possible.

That might work for some, but not me. If I have to enter everything manually anyway, I might as well use my own already customized spreadsheet. And while the spreadsheet was very good, it broke up the regular and irregular expenses in such a way that I couldn't tell the total amounts I had budgeted to see if it matched what I had in the bank.

No comments: