Thursday, June 19, 2008

cheaper envelope budgeters

After working with mvelopes (see lower post), I went hunting for other envelope programs that would import transactions.

I found some, here's two neobudget online, $2.50/ month. And budget by snowmint for $29.95 download.

Neobudget looks pretty good, pulls up pie charts right to start, but the qif import would walk through all the transactions, where you had to enter both the category and the amount, and then I got an error and nothing would load after all. After three attempts I gave up on this one.

Budget by snowmint has free upgrades, a big deal for me. I liked the nice graphics for the envelopes. But qif would come up with an error that recommended contacting support, and then not load anything. Maybe my bank doesn't just doesn't download qif properly?

I have given up on these, but they might work for someone else.

No comments: