So in my searches at the mint forums I ran onto the site Mvelopes
First downside, given that I refused Quicken on the basis that I didn't want to pay for it every two years, signing up for something that cost $129/year seems crazy.
But if it could really do what I need it to do, maybe it would be worth it.
It really does do a lot for an online flash program (don't try to right click anything). You even get billpay with it, but I already have that set up for free at the credit union.
It had a much easier time accessing my accounts than mint, but maybe I had already worked out all the kinks by then.
It autoloads new transactions seemlessly, from all my accounts. and I really like how all I have to do to assign a transaction to a envelope is drag and drop. Figuring out how to set things up at first required heavy use of the tutorials, and I still need to refer back to them on how to do some things.
I set up nifty funding profiles for all the different paychecks, and then grouped them by kind. It didn't warn me that this would mean that the saved profiles would now come up with amounts for the whole month, rather than the biweekly settings that I needed. Had to go ungroup and re enter everything. didn't care for that.
There are probably more things that this software is able to do, but I haven't delved into anymore.
Also it has no graphs or charts. Now, that probably isn't a very big deal to most people, and you could make them with the spreadsheet reports it generates, but I really like charts, and for the most expensive software I can find *not* to provide them just seems wrong.
Bottom line, this does a budget proud, and if it were $3/month, I would totally go this, but for $7-$13/month (depending on whether you are willing to fork over a quarter or two years cost at once, no monthly option) I am still looking around.
No comments:
Post a Comment