Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Exercise Plan

I've been meaning to blog about my newest exercise plan for ages now.

Mostly it consists of pushing my kids around in a grocery cart, but I guess I should back up and explain.

Double coupon days are long gone, or so I've heard.

But Albertson's has started sending out coupon doublers.
These are coupons that you can use with manufacturers coupons to double the value of those coupons, up to a dollar off doubled.
They usually come with the Sunday paper, though sometimes in the weekly flyer.
Since I get 6 papers, I get 6 sets of these doublers.

I've bought many things for free or better than free with these doublers.

Yesterday I spend $75 and saving $225, for a 75% savings.

The downside is you are only supposed to use one set of three per shopping trip.

So I use my three doublers, then I go out to my car and unload my cart. Then I come back in and pick up more groceries, and repeat the process, usually pushing a kid or two. Six times.

It's a lot of walking and pushing, so not only am I saving lots of money, but I'm getting exercise as well!

3 comments:

elesa said...

Wow. I never ever shop at Albertsons. i'm going to have to get some details from you next time ti see you. 75% savings is just really too good to pass up.

Scorchi said...

Wow. That is just so amazing. I don't even take one paper or ever look at the ads. Maybe I should start?

SillySlang said...

Do you try to go to a different cashier each time?