Thursday, June 18, 2009

Clarification...

In some questions from readers, I realized that I may not have been entirely clear in my descriptions of my shopping methods.

Yes, I get six sets of coupons, but that's not the majority of my savings.

It is in combining those coupons with what is on sale that makes for these amazing savings.

Grocerysmarts does all the work for me.

They match up the sales with the coupons, and tell me where to find the coupons.
They also rate the savings three, four, or five stars. Three is Walmart or store brand pricing. Four is a good sale, Five is stock up time.

I try to buy mostly five star stuff, which leads to some unbalanced looking shopping trips. Yesterday I saved 88%, but I bought mostly ketchup and cereal.

I figure it balances out over time. (Hopefully) I mean everything goes on sale eventually.......

No comments: