I've run onto this poet lately, and have been really touched by her poems, so I am going to share some over the next few day, like it or not. (Or whether or not I have already imposed them upon you)
Quiet Things
by Grace Noll Crowell
These I have loved with passion, loved them long:
The house that stands when the building hammers cease,
After wild syncopation, a sane song,
A tree that straightens after the winds' release,
The cool green stillness of an April wood,
A silver pool, unruffled by the breeze,
The clean expanse of a prairie's solitude
And calm, unhurried hours -- I love these.
I have been tangled in the nets too long;
I shall escape and find my way again
Back to the quiet place where I belong,
Far from the tinseled provinces of men.
These will be waiting after my release:
The sheltered ways, the quiet ways of peace.
2 comments:
ooh, I like that. It makes me want to go out and sit in my hammock for a while.
Me too! Peace. Good stuff.
Post a Comment