Friday, May 20, 2011

decisions, decisions

Interviewed with Jordan first. She talked to my references first and was so excited to have someone with experience that it felt like she was going to offer me the job before I even had the interview.

But Jordan is so far north. And even time I pass one of the new schools, I think, hey, I wish I could work there.

Richard did so much leg work trying to find the person to talk to in Alpine (which I already knew) that I finally gave in and gave him the contact information for the person. She gave a somewhat encouraging email, so I gave in and called.

And got what I considered to be a "yeah, yeah, stop bothering me" response.

But then they asked for an interview, which was very positive. And I realized that what I took to be a "leave me alone" response was more of a "yes, sorry, we are getting to people as fast as we can"

And I won't ever know for sure if my calling triggered the interview or not, but the timing is good either way.

But I kinda wish Lakeview, with its closeness, its familiarity, the part time schedule that I could make match up with the kids' schedule. I wanted a new administration, but they are getting one. So, I'm sad.

For convenience sake, I would like the school right behind Lakeview. But as that is attached to the special needs school, they are likely looking for someone with different experience than I have currently.

Alpine offered me a job in the interview. But they can't tell a location until maybe July, which is nerve racking. After much debate I decided to trust that Alpine will work out somehow, and accepted that job, and sent an email turning down Jordan (though they sent a follow up email offering to work something out).

Lakeview's SLP fell through, and so they are contracting with the other company that I work for, though my contract with the current company probably still precludes staying at the school, but just switching companies. Either way it makes me feel pretty unsettled.

So confusing.

No comments: