Bountiful Baskets is a food co-op that provides produce once a week. You sign up for a basket and then go and pick up the food early Saturday morning.
I got a Bountiful Basket the first time they came out here, but haven't been able to get one since. They go quick. Maybe I will a)remember to try as soon as they open up b)remember how to order.
I found a couple of things interesting. You have to provide your own basket, so most of us brought laundry baskets. I was the only one with a lime green laundry basket. Everyone else had white or beige. So are all my brightly colored baskets unusual?
You don't get to pick the produce, you get whatever they get. This week had Swiss Chard. I heard many people were wondering what on earth to do it and generally wishing it wasn't there. Really?
Me, I steamed it and ate it all, all by myself. Would have been better with a little lemon juice, but I enjoyed it all the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment