Saturday, April 18, 2009

How do I get out of here?

I live a long way from things.
At least according to all those people who live really close to stuff.

But it is true. When I first moved here, there was no commercial anything. The nearest gas stations and grocery stores were over 7 miles away.

We have a couple of gas stations and other stuff now in town.

The nearest grocery store is only 5 miles away, with one of those big bad places that carries everything is going in near it.

What is also going around the grocery store and stuff is some new, and some widened roads.

In fact, it seems they are trying to newen and widen all the roads that lead from here to anywhere else.

Everything is orange cones and flaggers, and reduced lanes.

They are finally doing all this because our traffic is bad. Well, some people thought it was bad. Now it really is bad. It is almost impossible to get from here to there, or especially back again without getting stuck in long lines of barely moving traffic. The back roads that would let you get around this, are either closed or under additional construction.

Every time I head back into town, I think..... I am never leaving home until all this construction is finished!

How long could I really last with only a couple of convenience stores for all my grocery shopping?

2 comments:

elesa said...

I recommend a helicopter. You're welcome.

ae said...

Do you have one I could borrow?
I'll take it!