Sunday, December 2, 2007

Have I really read it all?

So Eh made a post inspired by my little list of "read everything authors"
Unfortunately she found that when she went searching Amazon, even the long dead authors had new publications she didn't know about.

So I decided to re-examine my list and see if it was at all accurate.

I searched my large library system instead of Amazon though, cause that's where I get my books.

So, so these authors I really have read all they have written.

Emily Bronte
Brandon Mull
JK Rowling
Shannon Hale

But as they have written 9 books or less, so I don't know how impressive that really is.


Diana Wynne Jones and Margaret Peterson Haddix I believe I have read every novel that my library has by them, but I may have missed one or two.
Both three name authors, hmm that's curious.

LM Montgomery, I've read all the novels, all 8 anne, the 3 emilys, the story girl ones and all the other singles and the short story compilations that have been published more recently. If they have published more shorts in the past 5 years, those I probably missed.

Orson Scott Card, I've read all but his two or three graphic novels (cause I didn't know about them) all the short story compilations, all the essays, and nearly every review and essay posted on his website. He's probably the author that most qualifies for the "read it all" listing. But even he probably short stories published in recent magazines that I haven't read yet.

None of the rest even came close to making the mark, too many new books since I had read through everything I could find. So I had to make a whole different list for them.

On the plus side, more authors qualify for the most list.

No comments: