I used Quicken for over a decade, but got frustrated when they started "sunsetting" previous versions after only two years, turning off the sync with the bank feature. I hated that they were forcing me to pay for an upgrade when what I was using was meeting my needs just fine, I never wanted the new features that just complicated the system.
Just rude I say.
Also used turbo tax for years, great program. Then I missed a filing deadline last year, and they trashed all the data that I had entered. How hard would it have been to keep the data so that I could print?
Again beyond rude.
So Intuit has lost my business for both of those.
I was using Quicken online, but when they bought out Mint, they closed out Quicken online. I guess that should have come as no surprise.
I'm using Mint a little now, but under protest. I just hope that Mint survives the handicap of being under the Intuit umbrella.
This review would be scathing if I had actually finished it when I started it months ago. But the scathing has gotten lost, and just the sure knowledge that their business practices are cutthroat intentional obsolesce.
Of the financial software I have tried, I like Mvelopes the best, but it was also the most expensive. I've pretty much gone back to just using an excel spreadsheet.
3 comments:
Well, I thought you were going to say what you've found to use instead. I still use Quicken, and have for more than 10 years, I think, in spite of all their rudeness.
I just quit using Quicken last month. It was annoying enough that I had to buy a new copy every year if I wanted to download my transactions, but what I hated the most was that each version got slower and slower, with little feature changes that were usually worse.
I am now using YNAB (You Need A Budget) and after using Quicken for so long it is a little hard to switch gears. I am really liking it so far though. The best thing about it is that it is Budgeting software, where quicken was really bookkeeping software, and they make things for a person who just wants to balance their checkbook and stick to a budget so much easier than quicken ever did. I'm still getting it figured out. It cost me $60 and you can use it free for a week. So far, I love the switch. Also, if you care, I use Taxact for my taxes, and it has been great.
I just downloaded YNAB, and it is pretty spiffy, but I don't see how it can replace Quicken in that you can't download all the transactions from the bank. And I don't see how to transfer all the transactions so far this year. hmmm
Post a Comment