Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Decided?

My main reason for posting is because I finally uploaded some pictures to Picasa, and have a new slide show.

But my last post left off with me all undecided about who and what and where and stuff.

Not that I really decided, but mostly went where circumstances led me.

I'll be working at the close by school as their full-time speech pathologist.
They finally agreed to keep their contract and I agreed to be the one filling it. Not a perfect situation, but I think they will be willing to work with me. Mentioned my having a space that wasn't the instructional kitchen. Or that they might be willing to give my little guy employer preference to get into kindergarten here. So I'm hopeful that we can get along.

I still wish that I could have everyone on A track at school, since that matches high school, but it leaves Mikkel on B track all by himself. I have neighbors willing to help out, but needing him to be somewhere 2 hours before and after school seems like asking a lot.
I could have him go to the high school daycare in the morning and then take him back to school for afternoon K, but I'd also have to go pick him up after school. that works out to be a lot of back and forth every day, and a lot of daycare.

I'm still hoping that some clever solution will occur to me. Like AM at my school and PM at his, or AM and PM at mine. Not sure how to get that sort of thing to fly, especially since technically you can be enrolled in only one, and Kindergarten classes are over enrolled as it is.
But I can dream......

1 comment:

SillySlang said...

Sounds to me like you should wait and start work next year, when he is in first grade. But, then, maybe that's not an option economically?