Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Options

Sometimes there are just too many options. I've never been that great at decisions.

Like all the choices when shopping for groceries. Do I want pulp or no pulp orange juice, with or without calcium, fresh or frozen? At least with coupons I have to get a very specific item, which limits all the decision making.

Or with my hair. Do I want to grow it long? Get extensions so that it looks long while I grow it out? Do I want to keep it so it is easy to straighten? But when it is straight I notice the gray more. So do I want to go more curly. Cut it short so that it is easier to curl? Or get a perm of some kind so that it is just curly, and I don't have to fight it? And deal with the damage? That's not that conducive to growing it longer though.

Or with work. I have a job, well, I have three. And I keep applying for more.
I just don't know what I want.
There is a great deal of stress at my main job. I really like my boss, and the location and hours, but there is all sorts of scrutiny and chaos, and there is no certainty that the job will be there next year.

The local school district has turned me down, because they want full time people with current certifications, mine has expired, and I wasn't really looking for full time work. But they just had 3 people retire and might be a bit more flexible than they were. And I would most likely get supervision and more training and inservice and aides and such. And I could really use more instruction and help.

I did apply and interview with the local hospital, though I was turned down. Which was fine, since I don't really want to work with that population again.
But I guess I like to keep my options open.

I get a bit more training and support with the job in Ogden, but I'm an independent contractor there, and have to provide my own materials. And it is in Ogden. She might have something further south, but it might be a while before she knows anything.

I miss when I wasn't working. Well, just working my third job which I do from home, for very little money. Oh, rats, I should be doing that instead of typing this post. I guess I'd better go do that.

2 comments:

Scorchi said...

All your decisions make me tired. Or maybe I'm already tired. I think I'll go take a nap. That is an easy decision.

elesa said...

are you still working for google too? I cannot get them to hire me! I guess I better go send them another resume. Resume resuming.