Tuesday, June 15, 2010

work schedule revisited.

Now that I am not working much, I'm wondering how I ever managed to find the time to work. And I'm still not finding time to get the house clean.

An earlier comment made me think, what if I didn't have to start working this year? Well, I do.
But I don't absolutely have to work the 30 hours that the school I am scheduled for needs. But I have said that I will work at that school, to both my boss, and to all the people that work there.

I know that my boss has a school very close to me with just a few hours. It would be far more possible to make kindergarten fit in that schedule, than a nearly full time one. Though, it might not be quite enough money, it would sure be easier to manage.

Discussing it with a friend, she said Well...ultimately you have to go with what works for you and your family, no matter what it is that they need.

I was thinking that working the other school with lesser hours really was no longer an option. But in response to the ongoing stress at my current school, I somewhat jokingly suggested to my boss that maybe someone else wanted to take that school. She said that she did have someone else. She would not prefer that arrangement, especially since I already know the kids and the school, but it is something that could happen.

So now I'm all confused again. Is the extra stress of trying to figure out how to manage the schedule worth the extra money, or is the reduced stress, and being home more worth putting my boss and my school through more stress on their end, as well as less money.

I don't know.

2 comments:

SillySlang said...

Well, it's hard when you are a people pleaser to make your current situation uncomfortable, but I'd say go for what works with your little guy and less stress for you!

SillySlang said...

Sorry, I don't really know if you are a people pleaser, but I am. And sometimes it's easier to make other people's desicions than my own!