I've been finding myself backspacing a lot. Happened six times just to type these two sentences. Now in and of itself, this isn't unusual. I'm a pretty sloppy typist, and a child of the word processor generation (if there is such a thing). So I create and modify my drafts as I go, backspacing as I change my focus.
Lately though, I find myself starting an email, typing whole paragraphs and then deleting most of it until only a sentence remains. More often than not, I just delete the whole thing and give up on replying at all.
And attempting to type out reasons why, bumps up against those very reasons and everything is backspaced out.
I think my inner censor has decided to work overtime.
If you're reading this, then I at least managed not to delete the whole thing.
4 comments:
I do this all the time. Since that is my permanent state, I cant tell you if it is indicative of anything
I'm glad you managed to post this. Don't let your inner censor delete too much!
I do this all the time! Sometimes I get it all out and then just delete and never send it ... I think it is just therapeutic to write sometimes and get my thoughts out...but I don't think anyone would really want to hear what they are are so I delete. I bet mike wished I could do this when I'm talking sometimes. blah blah blah...delete
Sad, but true. Though I don't usually delete the whole thing. I just leave it, thinking I will fix it later, and never do. That is why there are like 50 messages in my drafts folder.
Post a Comment