Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update on Clearplay

Finally received our new clearplay from FedEx this week. And this one works! This is exciting, though I have not had that much on hand to test it with. Why do they even have a filter for Meet the Robinsons? Even on the strictest filter settings, I could not determine any changes.
Where with Heroes, with the strictest settings, sometimes it skips enough that there are serious gaps in the plot.

However, they have not yet refunded our money from the one we returned though. How lame is that? I think I will hold on to the one that is supposed to be returned until they do so, not that they have given me any instructions on returning it. And it only took them 3 weeks to send it to me. (Finally the money showed up in my account Sat, good thing too, cause I think R was about to go down there and eat them)

So sad that I really can't recommend this company to everyone. I do like the product, now that we have it finally working.

The death of customer support has been a common topic in our house of late, due largely to the slowness of clearplay, and the fact that it took 4 weeks for the second tier of our dsl support to call us. The telephone tech never showed like they said he would either. but that should probably be a topic for another day.

2 comments:

elesa said...

So you can't recommend it to everyone, or you don't. All in all is it worth the trouble? We looked at it a bit, so I'll be interested to know your continuing opinion of it. Poor customer service can be a deal breaker for me though, especially if the item requires some. Anyway, I'm interested, so keep me posted. Or keep your blog posted. whichever.

ae said...

All in all it was worth the trouble, though it was quite frustrating to go through. Why did it take three weeks to refund our money, or send us a new one?? Makes no sense to me.