Gwyn and I got ambitious and decided to make a large batch of sugar cookies to take to my visiting teaching sisters for St Patrick's Day.
Found the nifty soft sugar cookie recipe and away we went, but alas, we did not stop to count the cost first.
Got to the sugar, and found we were short of white, so in went brown.
Got to the flour, and again found we were short of white, so again in went brown.
Now I personally like whole wheat cookies, but these are sugar cookies, and for other people.
We stirred and cooled, shaped and baked, tasted and frosted.
They tasted fine, but no amount of frosting was going to disguise the fact that these were whole wheat cookies.
Gwyn and I decided that they were just too weird to deliver to my sisters, so now we had way more odd cookies than we personally needed.
So I did share some with my neighbor, who then gave me an extra 25lb bag of flour she had. I guess I should have asked around before I just dumped what I have in.
I'll post a picture if I ever get one uploaded.
2 comments:
I always find that I can bake cookies just fine. Always. Never a problem. Until I am making them for someone else. And then I always burn them or leave out ingredients or ruin them in some way. I don't even try anymore. I love the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies at Macey's, so I they are my old stand by.
This is an unrelated comment. I notice that you just read "Pictures of Hollis Woods". I just recently saw the movie by Hallmark. It was pretty good.
Post a Comment