Monday, March 17, 2008

ClearPlay notes

Given that we have only had a functioning unit for a short time, we haven't had a lot of time to evaluate it, but I will leave a few notes.

According to the kids, Meet the Robinsons does have several skips, which I hadn't noticed, but they had seen it enough to find annoying.

ClearPlay is not Clean flicks. Those scene skips were very smooth.
I always notice a clearplay skip.

As Dr Ominus noted in a review about R movies for TV, sometimes skipping scenes leaves you confused.
The danger with ClearPlay is that you can always go back and play without the filter, which really defeats the purpose.

I do like that you can adjust the severity of the filters, though I haven't really played with that yet.

The one we got that worked was plug and play, and worked out of the box.
If you get one like that, then this is awesome.

If you have Vista, filter downloads don't work so well.

Customer service will call you back instead of leaving you on hold for a long time. and they are very patient with working through the problems.

It's how well they do after they hang up the phone that I am not too impressed with at the moment.

No comments: