Our dvd player quit playing sound quite suddenly last week, and some of us lobbied hard for buying a clearplay player at last.
They were too expensive online to be feasible. I asked at Best Buy, and they said they had them online, or there was a kiosk at University Mall that sold them.
So we went on a family journey to Orem for family night. Took us a while to find him, customer service had no clue. When we were there a lady was returning one, because she had found them cheaper at Best Buy in CA. This kiosk was still offering a pretty good price, and I talked Richard into one.
Unfortunately, this has not gone well for us.
We got it home and hooked up and playing, but we couldn't figure out the filters. It wouldn't download on Vista, so we called tech support and they helped us do it manually, but we couldn't access the filters properly, and it didn't quite seem to be working.
Then I discovered that there were a couple of Best Buys in Salt Lake that had a few in stock at the much cheaper price.
Marilysa and I just dropped into one to see, but they were out, and said the low price ended in 1/2 an hour. So we drove to the next closest one that had some, and brought one home.
Got it hooked up, but struggled with the filters again. Tried the online help, but it didn't, as it was the weekend had to wait to call them.
Tried tech support again. The first time we couldn't make the downloads work on vista, no matter what we tried. After that call I did the process on the old XP machine. Still no luck with the upload.
Called again. He had me try the firmware upgrade, over and over, making sure I was in the right menu, then told me to unplug and hope for a reset. I did and tried everything he had said, but still nothing. So I called again. Told them the whole story, and they said they could send us one, or we could go back to best buy. Fearing that the reason the bestbuy ones are so cheap is because they all have firmware issues, we opted for the shipped.
I got the first email saying they were going to ship, but no return shipping email, and no tracking email as yet.
If it weren't something we really wish we had and don't know how to get any other way, there is no way we would be putting up with this process.
The tech support guys are very friendly, helpful and very patient, that also helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment