Here are a couple quotes that describe it pretty well.
Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Patterson
I had it figured out that the reason God made February short a few days was because he knew that by the time people came to the end of it they would die if they had to stand one more wet blasted day. December and January are cold and wet, but somehow, that's their right. February is just plain malicious. It knows your defenses are down. Christmas is over and spring seems years away. So February sneaks in a couple of beautiful days early on, and just when you're stretching out like a cat waking up, BANG! February hits you right in the stomach... punch after punch after punch. February is a mean bully.
I was happy to find this February poem and finally know who the author is.
from "Ed Weathers Ink"
"On February"
by Ed Weathers
February has an ice-chip on its shoulder,
and an icicle shiv in its boot.
February spoils for a fight,
and by the middle of February,
you want to start fighting back.
You want to insult February's mother.
You want to kick February in the knee.
You want to give a party and not invite February.
Yeah, what he said....
4 comments:
I've never realized that it was all February's fault. Every year I think, "Man! Is it still February? Is it still Snowing? I think this winter is worse than last winter"
Turns out thats just how February is. Sneaky, Very sneaky. Thanks for filling me in!
Dad's comment in Sunday School was that February is evil because it's impossible to get your Home Teaching done in February. Since Home Teaching must be done on the 30th or 31st, how on earth could a person do their teaching in a month that doesn't have anything higher than 28 or 29?
Yeah that just reminded me, I have to get out of here.
it's such a nice post that i'm printing it to put in cai's lunch on friday.
Post a Comment