Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nifty new piano at new chapel

So we just started at a brand new building this week.

In the brand new RS room is a brand new piano thing.

I call it a thing, cause it plugs in and has speakers.

Okay, so its a Kawai digital piano, though it is regular console piano size and shape.

It has two piano sounds, and 5 organ sounds.

What's very cool about it is the hymn player.

It has a selection of hymns that it will play in three different modes.

Automatic, just push the button and it plays once through.

Meter, where you push any key once for each beat.

Rhythm, where you push any key for each note in the proper rhythm.

I used the auto feature today for one of the hymns, since I really couldn't play it. Very few people realized that it wasn't me playing, when I asked later. Guess they figured I had really practiced that one.

The RS is very happy to have this piano, as now many people can "play" when we need someone.

The one pianist we have in the ward doesn't care for the touch of the keys, and wishes it was a regular piano, but as she is in young women, the rest of us are very glad for it.

If I get a picture of it, I'll post it.

No comments: