Geeks.... I've heard them described recently as folks who know so much about a topic that other people start to run screaming when they talk about it. So there are history geeks and geography geeks, besides the tech geeks we usually describe.
However, I can make people wish to run away on a wide range of topics. Does that make me a geek on those subjects, or is it just that I am really boring?
Is it the knowing enough, or the running away that really captures the essence of geek?
2 comments:
It is definitely the running away that is the tell of a geek. Some people can know a lot about a thing, and can somehow also make it seem very interesting - but those people are the exception more than the rule. There are also some people who just want to run as soon as anyone starts talking, no matter what it's about, so you have to look out for those.
I find your vast array of knowledge wildly facinating, and I find myself drawing nearer to you, rather than running away.
Post a Comment