So Elesa tagged me to write 6 interesting things about myself. As I am a bit too well acquainted with myself to find any of the many facts I know about me very interesting, this should be a challenge. Now if I could put down 6 things about Mikkel....
1. I cough when I clean my left ear. I'm wondering if that happens to any of my other siblings besides just Elesa and I, and which ear?
2. I read like the wind. I don't personally think this is very interesting, but other people seem to. I prefer young adult fiction for two reasons. First, it is usually PG and second, I can usually finish a young adult novel in less than 1-2 hours. Related to this is the fact that I have not yet found a book I can put down easily, novel, nonfiction it doesn't matter, I just can't seem to put down a book till it's over. My kids understandably prefer me to read SHORT books.
3. I can knit in the dark by touch. I prefer to crochet, but that requires good light. I get tired of repetitive simple stitches and I prefer projects that can be worked up quickly. No afghans or sweaters for me, but hats are great.
4. People consider me search savvy. I've seen true search savviness, and I'm not that good, but I can hold my own in your basic contest. I'm sometimes a victim of my own success, and give up when I can't find something quickly, or maybe that's related back to 2 & 3 and liking things to get done quick.
5. I'm a certified and licensed, but non-practicing Speech Language Pathologist, speech therapist to you lay people. I'm also mildly anomic, which means I have serious word finding difficulties. I've not yet figured how to do therapy for this on myself. This problem runs in my family, and someday I'm going to do a study on congenital word finding problems and familial relationships. I am also interested in some things other might find dry, like how urban legends propagate, or the etymology of words and phrases, or proverbial development.
6. Nondisclosure agreements limit me on how much I can say about work, which is either extremely interesting or mind numbingly boring, or both, but I'll have to leave it to your imagination.
So.......... tag, you're IT!
7 comments:
Arlene I didn't know you had moved, congrats on your new house is it still out in Eagle MT. And knitting in the dark, you've got some skills woman! Hope you and the fam are fine tell them I say hi. Marion
Is that true about coughing when you clean out your left ear? And I didn't know that word finding problems were a real thing. Awesome, cuz I have it! I learned a lot of stuff from your post!
To Marion, I moved to NSL and then back again. The fam is fine. Can I have access to your blog??
To eh... yep, left ear coughing, especially when I put in an earplug, that gets me the worst. Word finding is real, and we come by the doodly doodle on both sides.
I think the word finding thing is why dad is so creative in his terminology sometimes. You just about have to be able to read his mind, although some of his terms ought to be dictionaryized.
So now I have an excuse for the blind spot on the brain problem, or at least a nice word for it...um, what was it again.
Mind reading is the only answer. Luckily I am a master already.
Demi, you have definitely conquered the mind reading thing. I do not think that is a skill that the rest of us have managed to develop, which is too bad, since we need it so badly to communicate in real time with each other
i also didn't know there was a word for those times when you can't think of the right word. it makes me wonder if there is a word for when the first letters of words get transposed as they are spoken, like runny babbit.
Post a Comment