Wow, been a while.
I was in a meeting with a parent beginning of the year where she was saying that she was just waiting for Utah to get with the program and go with year round school.
I think we all made some inane comments about agrarian culture inspiriting school schedules or air conditioning complicating matters or something, and went on our way.
But it stewed around in my brain a bit, and I remembered something about year round school as something Utah had tried and given up on. So I did about 40 seconds of research. Some '08 ksl article about with Huntsman saying "Why would we let schools/teachers sit idle 3 months a year" A whole page dedicated to
stop year round schools. And trib article about how there are less than half as many year round schools as there were 15 years ago, none in my district. Comments got rather heated on both sides on that one.
Gather most folks really don't care for the year round bit generally.
The "sit idle" comment rattled around a bit, and came out with this. Huntsman had the state move to a four 10 work week, because having buildings and workers sit idle 3 of 7 days in a week saves money.
Maybe the sitting idle ain't such a bad thing, for building, or for peoples.
No comments:
Post a Comment