Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Circling Albies

So yesterday I went to join the crowd of people doing the "doubler" circles around the grocery store just before closing.
Except the crowds weren't there.
And the floor refinishers were.
I usual try to switch around the cashiers a bit, but there was only one lane open.
After my third time through, the manager said that I didn't need to go out to the car anymore.
Good to know that they are okay with this whole silly game.
But at that point I was really tired of the very noisy floor machines.
So I called it a night and went home without using up all my doublers.
Happy about the Klondikes I bought though!

2 comments:

elesa said...

Just so I am clear, those ads come in the sunday paper?

ae said...

generally in Sunday papers, though at times they may include a couple with the weekly flyer.
The doublers were well hidden on page A14 this week, and I'd already put my papers in the recycling pile without seeing them.
Good thing I only take papers to be recycled every month or so.