I'm not that savvy at facebook, haven't used it that much. I reject all invitations aside from friend requests, and block all applications.
Really all I do is read the news updates. But as my previous post says I hadn't figured out how to just read news from family. So I quit visiting facebook at all.
Then Mike told me about the little option tool next to each item. It lets you select more/less of this type, or more/less of this person. That's cool, but what if I want NONE?
Then I finally clicked the "options for news feed". Should have done that long time ago.
It has little sliders for all the different types of news. You can turn them all the way up, or all the way OFF.
Even better is the "More about these Friends", and "Less about these Friends".
So I entered all my family members into "More" and put casual acquaintances in "Less" (It will only publish about the "less" people if there is nothing else, which is somewhat likely given my family)
Then I went to Privacy and turned off publishing on everything it would let me. So I can do stuff, and still be in stealth/lurk mode.
We will see if this works, or if I prefer staying away from facebook.
Update: I also discovered that is is quite easy to sort news by group (if you've set up different groups) with the little down arrow next to live feed.
No comments:
Post a Comment