Monday, November 17, 2008

Sucker

So I've mentioned that I'm a sucker for a sales pitch.

A friend asked if I would listen to a rainbow vac demo, "as a favor" since she got to keep her vacuum if she could get 10 people to listen.

I like to help people out, I like Rainbow vacuums, and their saleswomen are pretty nice, so I said yes.

FOOL.

No need to go into it all, but the demo convinced even the kids that this was the coolest thing since ipods.

We wanted overnight to think on it, but that's not how things are set up.

So we kept it, planning to do the "rope 10 people into a demo" option.

Too bad that it requires that at least one person actually buy the vac, I could see me setting up appointments for them for eternity. Oh, and you have to go to the demos with them, every one. Not to mention the credit card balance for the total cost (about $3K) until you actually sell one.

I liked having the vacuum, but I sure didn't like the idea of bothering everyone I know to be subject to the sales pitch, and I didn't like the cost.

So, I gave it back, which was easier than it should have been.

WHEW!

now, can I buy the used one for $400 I found on KSL?