I really wish that the house cleaned itself. That everything would just get up and go where it belongs. I recognize this as wishful thinking.
But I also wish the kids cleaned it by themselves, no interference on my part. I think that is called unrealistic.
So I also wish that I actually wanted to clean the house, and I wait for that.
I think I am guilty of magical thinking in all these cases, which explains my dirty house.
I need to give up my wishful ways and actually clean house, whether I or the kids want to.
1 comment:
I'm right there with you on all of those! For some of us it takes external motivation, like someone coming over. My house would be so clean if someone would call everyday and say they were coming over in an hour and then if they would call an hour and a half later and cancel, well that would be just peachy.
Post a Comment