Tuesday, October 21, 2008

3 Column Blog

I have a nice wide screen on my laptop, and pyzam layouts are so narrow. I'd managed to tweak the html enough to make it a bit wider, but I still had all these nifty widgets that took much scrolling even to see.

So I wanted a three column blog.

Why is it that the layout that seems most logical to me is so hard to find.

Left column blogs are few and far between.

Now I wanted a blog with the columns on either side, and a white background and nice picture.

The one I found made all my posts white (ie invisible) with no way to change the font color. Stinky.

So Elesa sat down with me and helped me find a boring layout that worked right, and then showed me how to install a background for it. In passing G told us how to do all the things Elesa was helping me with. Guess I should have asked the kid first.

Anyway, I now know how to change the background whenever I want.

The power is MINE!!!!

Response to comments:
The layout is minima white.
I don't know how to share the power
The power isn't working as well for me as I'd like
ie the last backgroud change I attempted failed.

3 comments:

Scorchi said...

And its so pretty, too!

Lance Whitaker said...

I like 3 column. Maybe I will switch to that too! Which basic template did you start with? Maybe I will write my own.

Oemac said...

I want the power? Will you share your power?