It's summer, I wear shorts sometimes, but look at these hairy legs!
Shaving once a week isn't enough in the summer like it is in the winter, and I don't really want to shave more often than that.
I tried Nair, but the process was slow and messy and didn't last any longer than shaving. I tried a longer lasting type, but it didn't get all the hairs and I had to shave anyway. Those hairs it got lasted longer, but half shaved legs aren't much help.
So I splurged for my birthday and got a epilator. I had trouble waiting until my hairs were long enough to pull to try it. The one I got has these "massagers" (poky vibrator thingies) to distract you from the pulling sensation, which mostly worked.
It seemed to take a lot of passes to get most the hairs though. I finally figured out I was using it backwards, and it works much better if you hold it the right way.
G says I've been fiddling with it too much, since the point was supposed to be to spend *less* time, not more. I figure I'm still figuring it out, and it is kinda fun to mess with.
I'm a little worried about ingrown hairs, which I didn't really think about until after I started this process. I guess we will have to see how it goes.
I should probably mention the red irritation that happens right after you use it. Goes away okay, but looks like a rash at first.
2 comments:
I've always wanted to try one of those epilator thingies on my face. Think it would hurt?
Yes, it would hurt, but you are tough, you should try it and see how you do.
Post a Comment